Mobile Apps Information Center
Last updated: May 07, 2018
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH OUR MOBILE APPS AND HOW IT IS USED
- HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION COLLECTED ON OUR MOBILE APPS
- HOW TO OPT-OUT
- CONTACT US
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ON OUR MOBILE APPS AND HOW IT IS USED
|Type of information||How is it used Additionally?|
Unique Device Identifier
A unique device identifier (or "Unique Device ID") is an alpha-numeric string of data that can either be part of the hardware of your device or automatically assigned to your device by the operating system or software. We may associate Unique Device IDs with Personally Identifiable Information and will treat the combined information as Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined. Unique Device IDs may be used to enable certain features and also to personalize and serve advertising based on your interests and usage of other apps. See "Opt-Outs" in Section 4, below, for information regarding how to limit the use of Unique Device IDs.
When you use one of our location-enabled services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. Some Mobile Apps and other Online Services require your location information for one or more features to work. Where a Mobile App does collect precise information about the location of your device it will be used to provide location services for the Mobile App, and for other purposes, including, but not limited to, tagging, check-in, to show movie times and theaters near you, and to better target advertising based on location, as well as for analytics. Please check the settings in the Mobile App for information about how to opt out of providing precise location information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The location-based services offered in connection with our Mobile Apps are for individual use only and should not be used or relied on as an emergency locator system, used while driving or operating vehicles, or used in connection with any hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, or any other situation in which the failure or inaccuracy of use of the location-based services could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or property damage. The location-based services are not suited or intended for family finding purposes, fleet tracking, or any other type of business or enterprise use other products exist today that may be used specifically for these purposes.
When you use the Mobile App or view content on our websites on a mobile device, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, port numbers, device model and make information, internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data, device IDs, battery and memory allocation, boot time, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps. We may use log information as specifically indicated in the Mobile App, as well as to assess the performance of our Mobile App or other Online Services, distinguish your device from others, deter fraud, provide technical support and/or respond to your needs. We may also use this information to personalize the services offered by us or our affiliates, including providing personalized advertising on some Mobile Apps.
Unique Mobile App numbers
When you install or uninstall a Mobile App containing a unique Mobile App number, or when such a service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us. We may use the Unique Mobile App numbers as specifically indicated in the Mobile App, as well as to assess the performance of our Mobile App or other Online Services, deter fraud, provide technical support, conduct research, generate analytics, to address internal Online Services operations, and/or respond to your needs. We may also use this information to personalize the services offered by us or our affiliates, including providing personalized advertising on some Mobile Apps.
Information you submit through the Mobile App
When you register with us and use a Mobile App, you may provide (a) your name, email address, age, user name, password and other registration information; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use Mobile Apps from us; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help; (d) credit or other payment card information for purchase and use of the Mobile App; and (e) information you enter into our system when using the Mobile App, such as contact information. We may also use the information you provided us, in accordance with applicable laws, to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions.
Information we may collect through the Mobile App
Subject to the functionality of a particular Mobile App we may also collect additional information through your use of a Mobile App including (a) your mobile phone number; (b) any name you might have assigned to your device; (c) contacts/address book; (d) web browsing history; (e) information concerning other apps you have downloaded or used; (f) device IDs, and (g) other stored information on your device such as videos, photos, photo location, audio, calendar, passwords, dialer, microphone and/or social network credentials. We may use information collected through the Mobile App as specifically indicated in the Mobile App, as well as to assess the performance of our Mobile App or other Online Services, deter fraud, provide technical support, conduct research, generate analytics, to address internal Online Services operations, and/or respond to your needs. We may also use this information to personalize the services offered by us or our affiliates, including providing personalized advertising on some Mobile Apps.
2. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION COLLECTED ON OUR MOBILE APPS
3. HOW TO OPT-OUT
In addition to the options provided by your mobile operating systems, you may opt out of the collection of information on Mobile Apps as follows:
- Uninstalling the Mobile App - you can stop all collection of information by the Mobile App easily by uninstalling the Mobile App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the Mobile App marketplace or network;
- Opt out of interest-based advertising - see the instructions below or contact email@example.com for information about how to opt out from the use of information to serve targeted advertising by advertisers and/or third-party network advertisers. Note that the effect of opting out of targeted advertising will be to prevent targeted advertising, but will not prevent you from seeing all advertisements. Information may still be collected and used for other purposes (such as research, Online Services analytics or internal operations, and to enforce your opt-out preferences):
- For Apple Users:
- iOS 7 or higher, you can change your settings in the following location: Settings > Privacy > Advertising
- iOS 6, you can change your settings in the following location: Settings > General > About > Advertising
- iOS 4 or 5, you can opt out following the instructions here.
- For other major mobile platforms:
- Open the platform account settings
- Select Ads
- For Apple Users:
- Opt out of location data - You can manage your location preferences in the "My Account" section of the Mobile App, or by disabling the GPS services for the Mobile App on your mobile device. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about how to opt out from allowing us to have further access to your precise location data. Please include as much detail as possible when you make a request.
- Opt-out of Cross-App Data Collection - the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") offers a separate choice tool for the collection of cross-app data on a mobile device for interest-based advertising and other applicable uses. To exercise choice for companies participating in this choice tool, you can install the DAA's AppChoices app (see http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices).
4. CONTACT US
For any queries in relation to this Mobile Apps Policy please contact us at email@example.com or Head of Legal and Business Affairs, Fandango, 407 N. Maple Drive, Suite 300, Beverly Hills, CA 90210.