Cookies and Tracking Technologies Information Center
Last updated: April 30, 2019
NOTICE OF ARBITRATION PROVISIONS: Your use of the Services is subject to binding individual arbitration of any disputes which may arise, as provided in the Terms and Policies. Please read the arbitration provisions carefully and do not purchase tickets from Fandango or otherwise use our Services if you are unwilling to arbitrate any disputes you may have with us as provided below.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW ARE THEY USED?
First party Cookies
First party Cookies are placed by us (including through the use of third party service providers) and are used to allow you to use the Services and their features and to assist in analytics activities.
Third party Cookies
Certain third parties may place their Cookies on your device and use them to recognize your device when you visit the Services and when you visit other websites or services. These third parties collect and use this information pursuant to their own privacy policies. Third party Cookies enable certain features or functionalities and advertising to be provided on the Services.
The Services use the following types of first and third party Cookies for the purposes:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These Cookies are required for Service functionality, such as system administration and performance, to assist with fraud deterrence and security, and to enable purchasing capabilities. Because these Cookies are necessary, if you refuse them it will impact the functionality of the Services.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies: These Cookies collect data regarding your usage of our Services and other services. We and our third party vendors use these Cookies to perform analytics, to improve content and user experience, for statistical purposes, to recognize you across platforms and devices, to develop new services, and to improve the Services.
- Functional Cookies: These Cookies enable the Services to provide certain features such as determining if you are a first time visitor, remembering choices you have made (such as theaters or places in which you have previously expressed an interest), and assisting you with logging in following registration, including across platforms and devices and placing orders online. Data collected can also be used to select and deliver personalized content to you.
- Targeting Cookies: These Cookies are used to collect data about your browsing habits, your use of the Services and other services, your preferences, and your interaction with advertisements across platforms and devices in order to deliver content, including advertisements relevant to your interests. Third party sites and services also use these Cookies to deliver content, including advertisements relevant to your interests on the Services and third party services.
- Social Media Cookies: These Cookies are set by social media services on the Services to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. These Cookies can track your online activity across the Services and other services and may impact the content and messages you see on other services you visit.
We and third parties may associate Analytics and Performance Cookies, Functional Cookies, Targeting Cookies, and Social Media Cookies with other information we have about you.
2. COOKIE MANAGEMENT
You can use the following methods to manage Cookies. In order to do so, you must take such steps on each browser or device that you use. If you replace, change or upgrade your browser or device, or if you delete your Cookies, you may need to use these opt-out tools again.
Browser Controls: You may be able to disable and manage some Cookies through your browser settings. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to manage your settings for each. Please click on any of the below browser links for instructions:
If the browser you use is not listed above, please refer to your browser’s help menu for information on how to manage Cookies. Please be aware that disabling cookies will not disable other analytics tools we may use to collect information about you or your use of our Services.
Analytics Provider Opt-Outs: To disable analytics Cookies you may use the browser controls discussed above, or for some of our providers, you may use their individual opt-out mechanisms:
The above are examples of analytics providers, but this may not list all of them. In addition, we are not responsible for the effectiveness of any provider’s opt out mechanisms.
Flash Local Storage: These Cookies are also known as local shared objects and may be used to store your preferences or display content by us, advertisers and other third-parties. Flash Cookies need to be deleted in the storage section of your Flash Player Settings Manager.
Targeted Advertising: Most third party advertisers offer a way to opt-out of their targeted advertising. For more information or to opt-out of receiving targeted advertising from participating third party advertisers, depending on your country of residence, please visit:
|• Digital Advertising Alliance in the US||• European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance|
|• Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada||• Australian Digital Advertising Alliance|
You can also opt out of some of our advertising networks by visiting their opt-out pages:
These are examples of our advertising providers, but this may not list all of them. In addition, we are not responsible for the effectiveness of any advertising provider’s opt out mechanisms.
After you opt-out, you will still see advertisements, but they may not be as relevant to you.
Mobile Settings: You may manage the collection of information for personalized advertising purposes in mobile apps via the device’s settings, including managing the collection of location data.
Cross-Device Tracking: If you would like to opt-out of our browser-based cross-device tracking for advertising purposes, you may do so by opting out using the various methods described above. You must opt out separately on each device and each browser that you use. For more information about cross-device matching please visit: the Network Advertising Initiative, or the Digital Advertising Alliance. If you opt out of cross-device tracking for advertising purposes, we may still conduct cross-device tracking for other purposes, such as analytics.
Consequences of Deactivation of all Cookies:
If you disable or remove Cookies, some parts of the Services may not function properly. Information may still be collected and used for other purposes, such as research, online services analytics or internal operations, and to remember your opt-out preferences.
3. CONTACT US
For inquiries in relation to this Cookies Notice please contact us at email@example.com or Fandango, ATTN: Legal Department, 407 N. Maple Drive, Suite 300, Beverly Hills, CA 90210.
4. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE